• On May 11, Dr. Carr participated in the annual VGH Norman Bethune Symposium with surgeons participating from 12 different countries; all of these countries are recipients of medical aid work by VGH surgeons. Both Dr. Carr & Dr. Jang were invited by Dr. Gavin Stuart, Dean of Medicine (UBC) to attend dinner where they were able to reconnect with colleagues from their recent Uganda mission.
• Allergan in conjunction with Dr. Jang at Skinworks hosted a "peer-to-peer" specialists' discussion about Vollbella, the new injectable launched in Canada expressly for lips...no swelling!
• Dr. Jang was an invited keynote podium speaker at the Thomson Hotel in Toronto, where she spoke on Sculptra and provided a live on-stage demonstration of her techniques.
• Dr. Jang spoke at The Cosmetic Update Conference at the Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, an annual meeting to which the top 50 Canadian cosmetic specialists are invited. She spoke on her clinical experience with Xeomin, the new neuromodulator now available in Canada.
• Dr. Jang attended a Saturday morning session with her dermatology colleague, Dr. John Arlette, to discuss their experiences with cannulas. Dr. Jang has been using cannulas instead of needles for injectable fillers and has found virtually no patient discomfort, minimal bruising and greater safety when compared to using conventional needles!
• Dr. Jang served on the Merz Advisory Board, where the introduction of the new neuromodulator, Xeomin, into Canada was discussed.
• Dr. Carr hosted the 31st Annual UBC Division of Plastic Surgery Research Day, held at the Pan Pacific Hotel on April 19th.
• As Head of Plastic Surgery at UBC, Dr. Carr hosted Dr. Alexander Shin from the Mayo Clinic, Professor & Consultant of Orthopaedic Surgery (Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Rochester, MN).
• Dr. Jang
was the first ever female guest editor in the Chronicle of Cosmetic
Medicine + Surgery, a journal with a wide readership among
multidisplinary cosmetic physicians across Canada. Find her editorial in the latest Spring 2013 issue!
• Dr. Carr attended the 46th Annual ASAPS (Americal Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) meeting at the Javits Center in New York. This 5 day meeting addressed the latest updates in cosmetic surgery.
• As the dermatology specialist for The Rush (Shaw TV), Dr. Jang spoke with Robin Dunne and Fiona Forbes about common "skin myths" and took live questions off twitter. To view this segment, click here!
• In the spirit of giving, Skinworks partnered with Cellcosmet to donate $525 in skincare products to the 17th Annual Daffodil Ball, one of the Canadian Cancer Society's signature fundraising events.
• Dr. Carr attended the Northwest Society for Plastic Surgeons conference held in Maui, where keynote speakers included Dr. Antonio Guente Del Campo from Mexico and Professor Samir Marini from the Mayo Clinic, Rochester.
• Dr. Jang discussed "Skin Care for Men" with Fiona and Peter on The Rush (Shaw TV). She highlighted cosmetic procedures for men - who is doing it and why, what they have done, and how they are different from women! If you missed it, watch it here!
• For Valentine's Day, Dr. Carr and Dr. Jang were interviewed by the UBC Medical Alumni Association about how they initially met. Check out the article entitled "A Match Made in Medicine" here!
• Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr were invited to attend the annual Allergan Academy, held at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach, where they both sat on separate advisory boards. Dr. Jang was also on the podium speaking about injectables to a group of 85 cosmetic physicians from across Canada.
• Dr. Jang chatted with Mike and Fiona on The Rush (Shaw TV) about her "5 Non-negotiable Skincare Items" that everyone should use: 1) daily SPF, 2) exfoliant, 3) retinol, 4) antioxidant, 5) peptides/growth factor. Watch the feature segment here!