• Looking for the Next Top Model! Dr. Jang is one of three judges in the search for a Merz Aesthetics ambassador. Look for entry rules in your favourite health magazine on newsstands this fall. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day in 2014!
• Skinworks has done it again - Best Place for Cosmetic Surgery - 5 years in a row! Thank you to all our loyal supporters who have helped us win this coveted award.
• Volbella is the new lip filler from Allergan. Dr. Jang flew to Calgary for a workshop with friend and colleague Dr. Kent Remington. She loves they way this product results in a natural-appearing lip augmentation, usually without any swelling!
• Dr. Jang was invited to visit renowned Dr. Zein Obagi, creator of the ZO Skin Health and ZO Medical Line (now available at Skinworks). This was a great opportunity to see how to optimize skin health using these revolutionary skincare products.
• Vancouver was the host city for this year's Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) meeting. Dr. Carr facilitated a cadaver workshop spearheaded by Dr. Arthur Swift and moderated a breast panel for the 3-day event.
• As part of CSAPS, Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr hosted dinner for 30 faculty members from across Canada, US, and Europe, which featured a memorable wine-paired meal created by chef/sommelier Dino Renaerts.
• Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr met in medical school and recently attended their 30-year reunion in beautiful Brentwood Bay.
• Dr. Jang believes in healthful nutrition and to this end has donated "A TON" (almost 2000 pounds!) of pure, natural peanut butter to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank during 2013.
• As one of the nation's key opinion leaders in the use of neurotoxins, Dr. Jang was invited to participate in a focus group. Dr. Jang has experience with the use of Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin!
• As one of Canada's Top Doctors, Dr. Carr was interviewed by Deep Body Magazine for his insights into breast implant revision procedures.
• Dermatologist and WebTalk Radio host Dr. Barry Lycka, invited Dr. Jang to speak on several occaions on "Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today". Listen to why a lasting relationship with your cosmetic doctor is important.
• Dr. Jang was featured on The Rush (Shaw TV) sharing tips on how to deal with sun damage and protect your skin during the summer! Click here to view this video!
• Dr. Jang was invited to the legendary Breakers in Palm Beach for a SkinMedica Skincare Summit. As only 1 of 2 invited Canadians, we know that she is committed to achieving "Ultimate Skin Health" for all!
• Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr were invited to dine with the Dean of Medicine Dr. Gavin Stuart, at UBC's Global Health Initiatives, a program that is involved with their ongoing Ugandan medical mission.
• Congratulations to Dr. Carr, who has been promoted to FULL PROFESSOR at UBC Division of Plastic Surgery, in recognition of his longstanding and significant contribution to academic medicine!
• Dr. Carr attended The 67th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons held in Calgary, Alberta the week of May 28th. At this meeting surgeons shared new technologies and techniques discovered internationally.
• Dr. Carr attended The British Columbia Hand Society Annual Meeting held at Harrison Hotsprings during the weekend of May 25th. As one of Canada's leading hand surgery specialists he presented a lecture on the topic of "nerve transfers".
• Dr. Jang introduced world renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi, on May 23 at the Paetzold Health Education Auditorium at VGH. This evening will be devoted to the launch of the new Zo Medical Line - more skincare innovation by this dermatologic visionary, now featured at Skinworks.
• Dr. Carr was a board examiner at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons in Ottawa the week of May 12th. These are the qualifying exams for plastic surgery residents completing their training across Canada.
• On May 11, Dr. Carr participated in the annual VGH Norman Bethune Symposium with surgeons participating from 12 different countries; all of these countries are recipients of medical aid work by VGH surgeons. Both Dr. Carr & Dr. Jang were invited by Dr. Gavin Stuart, Dean of Medicine (UBC) to attend dinner where they were able to reconnect with colleagues from their recent Uganda mission.
• Allergan in conjunction with Dr. Jang at Skinworks hosted a "peer-to-peer" specialists' discussion about Vollbella, the new injectable launched in Canada expressly for lips...no swelling!
• Dr. Jang was an invited keynote podium speaker at the Thomson Hotel in Toronto, where she spoke on Sculptra and provided a live on-stage demonstration of her techniques.
• Dr. Jang spoke at The Cosmetic Update Conference at the Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, an annual meeting to which the top 50 Canadian cosmetic specialists are invited. She spoke on her clinical experience with Xeomin, the new neuromodulator now available in Canada.
• Dr. Jang attended a Saturday morning session with her dermatology colleague, Dr. John Arlette, to discuss their experiences with cannulas. Dr. Jang has been using cannulas instead of needles for injectable fillers and has found virtually no patient discomfort, minimal bruising and greater safety when compared to using conventional needles!
• Dr. Jang served on the Merz Advisory Board, where the introduction of the new neuromodulator, Xeomin, into Canada was discussed.
• Dr. Carr hosted the 31st Annual UBC Division of Plastic Surgery Research Day, held at the Pan Pacific Hotel on April 19th.
• As Head of Plastic Surgery at UBC, Dr. Carr hosted Dr. Alexander Shin from the Mayo Clinic, Professor & Consultant of Orthopaedic Surgery (Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Rochester, MN).
• Dr. Jang
was the first ever female guest editor in the Chronicle of Cosmetic
Medicine + Surgery, a journal with a wide readership among
multidisplinary cosmetic physicians across Canada. Find her editorial in the latest Spring 2013 issue!
• Dr. Carr attended the 46th Annual ASAPS (Americal Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) meeting at the Javits Center in New York. This 5 day meeting addressed the latest updates in cosmetic surgery.
• As the dermatology specialist for The Rush (Shaw TV), Dr. Jang spoke with Robin Dunne and Fiona Forbes about common "skin myths" and took live questions off twitter. To view this segment, click here!
• In the spirit of giving, Skinworks partnered with Cellcosmet to donate $525 in skincare products to the 17th Annual Daffodil Ball, one of the Canadian Cancer Society's signature fundraising events.
• Dr. Carr attended the Northwest Society for Plastic Surgeons conference held in Maui, where keynote speakers included Dr. Antonio Guente Del Campo from Mexico and Professor Samir Marini from the Mayo Clinic, Rochester.
• Dr. Jang discussed "Skin Care for Men" with Fiona and Peter on The Rush (Shaw TV). She highlighted cosmetic procedures for men - who is doing it and why, what they have done, and how they are different from women! If you missed it, watch it here!
• For Valentine's Day, Dr. Carr and Dr. Jang were interviewed by the UBC Medical Alumni Association about how they initially met. Check out the article entitled "A Match Made in Medicine" here!
• Dr. Jang and Dr. Carr were invited to attend the annual Allergan Academy, held at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach, where they both sat on separate advisory boards. Dr. Jang was also on the podium speaking about injectables to a group of 85 cosmetic physicians from across Canada.
• Dr. Jang chatted with Mike and Fiona on The Rush (Shaw TV) about her "5 Non-negotiable Skincare Items" that everyone should use: 1) daily SPF, 2) exfoliant, 3) retinol, 4) antioxidant, 5) peptides/growth factor. Watch the feature segment here!