Our surgical and post operative recovery facilities are regularly certified by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
Skinworks has one of the most experienced post operative teams in Vancouver, and with over 100 years of combined experience, you could not be in better hands. Our post operative team is led by Dr. Carr and consists of Dr. Lee (anaesthesiologist), a team of accredited OR nurses, and our post operative care nurse. Our OR and recovery teams undergo regular training in patient safety and care.
Pre and post operative care are very important aspects of even the most minor surgery. Dr. Carr and our experienced team will design a customized care program that provides maximum safety and minimum post surgical discomfort. These programs are also designed to help you achieve the best possible surgical results. What else can you expect from Skinworks? Tammy, our Patient Coordinator, will guide you through pre and post operative instructions before your surgery. On the day of your surgery, our recovery nurse will review instructions with you again.
- Special dietary guidelines and homeopathic medication will be provided to reduce bruising, decrease swelling, and improve your results.
- Our certified and experienced OR recovery nurses will take care of you in recovery and answer questions not only on your surgery day, but also throughout the recovery process.
- Overnight recovery options are available at our facility where you will be under the care of a qualified registered recovery nurse.
- Scheduled followups with Dr. Carr and our post operative care nurse take place over the few days and weeks following your surgery, in order to manage your recovery, help you maximize your results, and avoid or minimize any complications.
- Our private elevator provides total confidentiality on your surgery day and during your post operative visits.
- Overnight recovery options are available at our facility where you will be under the care of a qualified registered recovery nurse. If you are from out of town, Skinworks has preferred rates at the downtown and Airport locations of the Sheraton, Westin and Fairmount Hotels & Resorts. Click Preferred Hotel Rates to see how to book.
Pre and Post Surgical Instructions:
To book a consultation with Dr. Carr, please call us at 604-733-9711 or request an appointment online.